THE GOVERNMENT OF MIZORAM (ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS)
N O T I F I C A T I O N
No.J.12011/11/87-POL, the 20th February, 1987: In exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-Clause (3) of Article 166 of the Constitution of India and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of Mizoram is pleased to make the following rules, namely :-
1. These rules may be called Government of Mizoram (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1987.
2. In these rules, unless the context other-wise requires –
(a) “Governor” means the Governor of Mizoram;
(b) “Council” means the Council of Ministers under Article 163 of the Constitution of India;’
(c) “Government” means the Government of Mizoram;
(d) “Secretary” means a Secretary in a Department of Government and includes the Chief Secretary.
(e) “Schedule” means the Schedule appended to these rules.
3. The entire business of the Government shall be transacted in the department of the Government as specified in the schedule and shall be classified and distributed between these departments as laid down therein :-
Provided that the Government may, from time to time make such additional to or modifications in, the list of business allotted to a department as he thinks fit.
4. The Governor shall, on the advice of the Chief Minister allocate to the Minister so much of the business of the Government as relates to matters with respect to which the Council is required under Article 163 of the Constitution of India to aid and advise the Governor in the exercise of his function and for that purpose assign one or more departments to the charge of a Minister :-
Provided that nothing in this rule shall prevent the assignment of one department to the charge of more than one Minister.
5. There shall be a Secretary for each department who shall be an official head of that department.
Provided that –
(a) more than one department may be placed in charge of the same Secretary;
(b) the work of a department may be divided in between two or more Secretaries.
Government of Mizoram.
THE GOVERNMENT OF MIZORAM (ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS) RULES, 1987 [RULE 3(SCHEDULE IX)]
1. Financial powers and delegation thereof
2. Implementation of Pay Committee recommendations
3. Rules relating to Advance
4. Embezzlement and other financial irregularities in Public Finance
5. Rules relating to pay, allowance and traveling allowance
6. Write off of loss
7. Pre-audit and arrear claims
8. Matters relating to Treasuries
9. Rules relating to security deposits
10. Constitution of Finance and Accounts Service Rules etc.
11. General advice on financial aspects of Service Rules etc.
12. Rules relating to Grants-in-aid and Scholarships
13. Interpretation of Fundamental Rules, Supplementary Rules and Civil Service Regulations having financial implication
14. All Budgetary matters including control of expenditure
15. Internal Audit
16. Bank/Development of Bank in Mizoram
18. Rules and Procedure regarding G.P.F.
19. Authorization of pension, DCRG etc. communication etc.
20. Departmentalization of Accounts
22. Insurance schemes of Government Servants
23. Discretionary Grants Rules and procedures
24. Lushai Hills District (Money Lending by Non-Tribals) regulation, 1953
25. Authorisation of entitlement of Group A&B officers of Mizoram Government employees including those on deputation of Mizoram
26. Gold Control
27. Rules relating to House Building Advance etc.
28. Prize Gift and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning) Acts 1978, Chit Fund Act, 1982
29. Stamp duties and matters connected thereto.
30. Infrastructure & Public Private Partnership.
1. Added vide Govt. of Mizoram Notification No.A.46011/2/97-GAD Dt. 16.10.2002.
2. Added vide Govt. of Mizoram Notification No.A.46011/2/97-GAD Dt. 21.7.2006.
3. Added vide GoM Notification No.46011/2/97-GAD dt.16.10.2006.